FREELANCE DESIGN & ARTWORK
I am a highly experienced freelance designer and artworker with over 20-years industry experience. My straightforward approach to design, meticulous attention to detail and thorough knowledge of the print process enable me to take a job from concept to completion with confidence.
I have a thorough knowledge of all major software applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Muse as well as a
good working knowledge of Cinema 4D, Dreamweaver and HTML coding. I have worked for a range of respected agencies and clients across a multitude of disciplines:
• above and below-the-line advertising
• branding and brand guidelines
• websites, web banners and mobile apps
• logo creation and illustration
• way-finding, retail and packaging
• exhibition panels
• brochures, magazines and financial reports
April 1998 to date:
Freelance Designer and Artworker
London, Melbourne and Dublin
I have freelanced in London, Melbourne (2001-04) and Dublin (2004-06) and consistently been employed by many respected companies, notably:
• Lambie-Nairn, Fitch, The Marketing Store, Heavenly, The House Worldwide, Dunning Penney Jones, Iris, Billington-Cartmell, TBWA and Mother in London.
• Cawley Nea/TBWA, Tequila, McConnells, Y&R and Ogilvy in Dublin.
• Mojo, The Campaign Palace, Y&R, Village Cinemas, TBWA, and McCann Erickson (including a contract managing the studio)
I have excellent studio skills (mock-ups, mounting, etc.) and understand the need
for keeping a computer desktop tidy and
Hard-working and always willing to go the extra yard to get a job done, I am used to tight deadlines and equally happy working as part of a team or on an individual basis.
February 1996 to April 1998:
Head Designer/Studio Manager
Midsummer Books – London
Midsummer Books produce; magazines, books, part-works, journals and press
adverts. Duties were numerous;
• Delegation of workload between six staff.
• Design of all publications working closely with editorial staff.
• Responsibility for new projects that were introduced from design concepts through
to setting up of templates, grids and
• Creating illustrations and maps from
• Interviewing and hiring of full-time, temporary and freelance staff.
• Dealing with client and printer queries
on a daily basis.
• Checking proofs, film and final prints were
of the highest quality.
April 1994 to December 1995:
Publishing Initiatives – London
As both designer and illustrator within this medical publishing company I was called upon to produce a variety of work, from concept through to print, including; books, training manuals, magazines, wall-charts, information leaflets and press advertising.
The job entailed close contact with authors, editorial and legal staff.
12 - 15
A freelancer unequalled both for speed
and accuracy. His technical knowledge
and design flair is an asset to
The House Worldwide.
Creative Services Director
The House Worldwide
I have no hesitation in recommending Rich for creative concept design or artwork.
The fact he was with us a year is testament to the value he brought to the company.
Rich’s experience and ability is a given, helped by his personable character, conscientious approach and outstanding work ethic – he constantly delivers.
Head of Creative Services
Rich instantly became a major team player in our studio, producing work of the highest standard and demonstrating a thoughtful, and experienced approach to every project.
Associate Design Director
Rich was everyone’s favourite freelancer,
his good character and quality of work guaranteed he was always in demand and highly commended by all he worked with.
Rich’s work was outstanding, His skill,
care, reliability and sense of humour
helped make him a favourite with
everyone in the agency and our clients.
If you have a specific project you would like to discuss, or just want to talk about what I can do for you, please get in touch.
I am based in London.
Call me on 078 1239 8306.
Connect with me via Linkedin.
© Richard Walsham 2014